New Member Program
The New Member Experience is based on Tri Sigma’s mission, vision and values. Our mission statement, the tenets for our existence, is to establish among its members a perpetual bond of friendship, to develop in them strong womanly character, and impress upon them high standards of conduct. We strive to achieve this by providing exceptional experiences that empower our members to change the world. The new member program is grounded in these tenets. Here is an overview.
- The ideal new member program is 6-8 weeks; however, it will never exceed 8 weeks.
- The program is designed to educate them on history, our values, operations and developing leadership and academic success skills.
- During those weeks, new members will be guided through nine online sessions that have complimentary in person group meetings.
- New members will receive a mentor (big sister) during her new member program who will support her not only in her new member education but getting to know members and acclimated with member responsibilities.
- New members will also have responsibilities which mirror those of the initiated members. This can include study hours, participation requirements, dues, holding leadership positions and most importantly upholding the standards of the Sorority.
Questions about the new member experience? Contact the chapter Vice President of New Member Education.
Dear Potential New Members,
Congratulations on your acceptance to Auburn University! My name is Olivia Murray and I’m an up and coming junior here at the Loveliest Village on the Plains. I have the privilege of serving as Tri Sigma’s Vice President of New Member Education this year. These next few years will provide some of the most memorable moments that will last throughout your entire life time and I am hoping that Tri Sigma will be your family away home.
With the fall semester quickly approaching, I encourage all of you to sign up for recruitment this summer and to participate in Formal Recruitment in August. It’s a WONDERFUL experience that allows you to grow in many ways. That week is all about you so let your personality shine through. Remember to keep an open mind and allow one of our eighteen sororities to sweep you of your feet. Every sister you meet at Tri Sigma will show you her own experience and what sisterhood means to her. The opportunities that have become available to me through Sigma have been life-changing and crucial in my development as a young woman. Empowered women empower women and you will find that support in Sigma and in our Greek Community at Auburn. I look forward to meeting our newest pledge class, and to helping them navigate their first semester at Auburn!
Good luck and War Eagle!
Vice President of New Member Education